Sunday Smiles

Untitled

My Sunday was full of smiles! It started out with a lovely kayak ride to a little island I hadn't been on in a few years...

Untitled

It's beauty and appeal hadn't changed a bit!  Or perhaps it was more beautiful?

Untitled

Untitled

It was so nice just sitting by, and walking in, the water. It was sunny, the water was warm, the lake was quiet... Smiles galore.

Untitled

Moving on from the morning, later I was smiling because my sister gifted me some plants for my new room! It's amazing how just a couple of plants can really change the look and feel of a room! Every time I walked into my room, I'd smile all over again! I guess it needed a little green!

Untitled

I also did some reading outside. I'm reading Tibetan Peach Pie by Tom Robbins. I've been so excited to read this book that the 82 year old author is refusing to call an autobiography or a memoir. And I'd be lying if I said that reading this book (or any of his books for that matter) makes me smile; "grin like an idiot" would be more accurate. His stories aren't only funny and thoughtful, they are executed with perfect prose. I'd never been jealous of a sentence in my life until I read his books. He has such a unique voice and a way with words that I find so incredibly inspiring!

Anyways, that's what's making me smile... how about you guys?

Comments

  1. What a beautiful Sunday you had, Kate! I love all the water shots and especially the composition of that first one with the water lily and the rocks in the background. Your feet look happy too by the golden reflections in the water! How lovely to get some plants for your new room from your thoughtful sister!

    The book you're reading sounds lovely. I do admire wonderful prose and how some authors have such a captivating way with words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts