Sunday Smiles

Untitled

"Sunday Stillness" could be the alternate title for today's "Sunday Smiles." Do you ever feel like your day has a theme? My Sunday could be summed up in one word; "still." The photo above was taken on my kayak ride in the morning. At one point I had realized that it was so quiet and still out, that I could hear things that would normally be drowned out, and or gone unnoticed, by the sounds and activities of motor boats and people. I could hear a waterfall and a few distinctive birds. The lake stayed relatively calm and still the rest of the day, and I spent, along with my sister and mom, a good portion of it just sitting and reading in the perfect stillness. It was a much needed contrast to the busy, tiring (but fun!) day Saturday. Having a chance to quiet the mind is certainly cause for smiles.

In fact, I think stillness, having with it a quality of expansiveness, has plenty of room for smiles. Sitting still, noticing the quiet, it was as if I could feel the stillness continue to blissfully expand. At the risk of sounding (perhaps more) batty by further pontificating, I'd go so far as to say that the verge of a paradox, being comprised of both the infinite and a joyous fullness, could be felt.

There's a quote by Lao Tzu that says: "Be still. Stillness reveals the secrets of eternity." What do you think?

Comments

  1. So lovely to have a day filled with stillness. Your outing in the kayak sounded lovely, though personally I feel a little too close to the water in those things! Sometimes it's lovely just to listen to the sounds of nature which we don't usually hear in our usual busy mode as we go from one occupation to another.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts